HISTORY OF THE COMPANY
Origins of today's Crystalex company followed the period of Czech glass industry boom in the 19th century. At that time, Moravian glassworks Karolinka was founded and growth of North Bohemian enterprises could be noted, continuing in the rich tradition of local glassmaking.
On October 1945, a Decree on nationalisation of large industrial enterprises was declared; subsequently in 1948, a national enterprise Borocrystal associating 55 original smaller plants and decorating workshops, and national enterprise Umělecké sklo came into being. In 1953, both two companies together with glassworks Borské sklárny were consolidated; thus, a new company named Borské sklo was founded.
Following concentration of industrial units in 50ies and 60ies, a base for modern glass manufacturing arose; the company of Nový Bor reached the best qualification for progress.
On August 20, 1965 the foundation stone of the new complex was laid. Production process started in October 1967. In 1972, the first automatic line producing stemware was put into operation thus became a model to future increase of manufacturing capacities and continuous modernization of production units.
Since January 1, 1974 the name Crystalex was introduced. The enterprise joined at that time most of the Czech glassworks producing utility glass. Organizational changes and subsequent post-revolution privatisation contributed to disintegration of original complex.
On January 1, 1994 a joint-stock company Crystalex came into being followed by its privatisation on May 21, 1997. In 2009, new owners entered, having directed investments at preservation of manufacturing continuity and future prosperous development of the company bearing the name Crystalex, CZ.